BMW Service & Performance
The premier solution to all your BMW needs
Midnite Tuning is an independent service provider, able to supply you with the very best in products and information regarding the performance of your vehicle. We are here to provide you with everything you need to know to enjoy your vehicle more, whether a daily driver, or a track day warrior. We offer engine tuning solutions for specially BMW, but also service Audi, Mercedes, VW and more.
Our main goal is to provide quality tuning upgrades and impartial informatio
BMW Tuning Tips and Modifications
Maximise your BMWs driving pleasure
BMW car tuning tips and advice. We have a wide range of tuning articles covering all models of BMW from small engined 3 series family cars to large engine hot hatches Z3 and executive cars such as the 6 and 7 series. Following our tuning tips you will avoid many of the common mistakes and actually achieve the car setup you desire. Please join the forum for model specific questions and answers and to meet other owners and see what modifications they have done. The M series has the badge of honour but gives an idea of how much power can be extracted from the average BMW engine.
Tuning the Audi 1.8T engine.
“Audi make it go so fast?”
VAG 1.8T engine as fitted to Volkswagen/SEAT/Audi cars: 150-240 bhp from the factory.
The 1781 cubic centimetres in this 20 Valve turbo charged engine represents what must be one of the most tunable engines around today and is found in family cars like the A3 and A4 and on sports oriented models like the TT, and the S3.
The fact these engines can be tuned to such extremes indicates the versatility of them.
The 20 valves are arranged with 3 intake valves and 2 exhaust valves per cylinder.
(The exhaust valves are somewhat larger than the intake and this intake configuration makes the engine an efficient one).
The compression ratio is set to 9.5:1, but, a slightly lower 9:1:1 in the 240 bhp versions of this engine, which although high for a turbo gives plenty of low down torque.
Mercedes Tuning Tips and Modifications
Maximise your Mercedes driving pleasure
Mercedes car tuning tips and advice. We have a wide range of tuning articles covering all models of Mercedes from small engined family cars to large engine hot hatches and executive cars. Following our tuning tips you will avoid many of the common mistakes and actually achieve the car set up you desire. Please join the forum for model specific questions and answers and to meet other owners and see what modifications they have done.
Tuning the Golf.
“The original hot hatch gets even hotter!”
The Volkswagen Golf has been one of the most successful cars from Volkswagen.
The Golf is loved as a project car by many of our members and there is a large array of parts and tuning options for them.
Lets get a quick overview of the many revisions over the years to this popular car.
Then we shall look at the tuning options and best performance parts for your project and direct you to our detailed engine tuning guides.
- The original mk1 Golf was very responsive and still has a dedicated following today despite it’s age. (Many owners say these cars improve with age as the 8v engines bed in and loosen up.)
- Then came the mk2 Golf which was where the tuning scene started taking off and now we see 1.8T mk2 engine conversions and also the VR6 going in as well as owners capture the original essence of a mk1 GTi.
- mk3 Golfs were not fantastic cars, the GTi had lost it’s magic so thankfully to address this there were plenty of aftermarket Golf tuning parts created allowing you to achieve the “GTi ideal” on your mk3 model.
- The MK4 (mkIV) and mk5 (mkV) Golfs shows VW dedication to the platform and a lot of criticisms leveled at the previous models were addressed.
- The mk6 & mk7 Golfs are a major leap forward and VW have once again come up with a stunningly fun car to drive and modify.
We now have many different revisions to the platform and the Golf remains a superb base for a tuning project thanks to all of the aftermarket tuning suppliers.