Tag Archives: GTi
Tuning the Golf.
“The original hot hatch gets even hotter!”
The Volkswagen Golf has been one of the most successful cars from Volkswagen.
The Golf is loved as a project car by many of our members and there is a large array of parts and tuning options for them.
Lets get a quick overview of the many revisions over the years to this popular car.
Then we shall look at the tuning options and best performance parts for your project and direct you to our detailed engine tuning guides.
- The original mk1 Golf was very responsive and still has a dedicated following today despite it’s age. (Many owners say these cars improve with age as the 8v engines bed in and loosen up.)
- Then came the mk2 Golf which was where the tuning scene started taking off and now we see 1.8T mk2 engine conversions and also the VR6 going in as well as owners capture the original essence of a mk1 GTi.
- mk3 Golfs were not fantastic cars, the GTi had lost it’s magic so thankfully to address this there were plenty of aftermarket Golf tuning parts created allowing you to achieve the “GTi ideal” on your mk3 model.
- The MK4 (mkIV) and mk5 (mkV) Golfs shows VW dedication to the platform and a lot of criticisms leveled at the previous models were addressed.
- The mk6 & mk7 Golfs are a major leap forward and VW have once again come up with a stunningly fun car to drive and modify.
We now have many different revisions to the platform and the Golf remains a superb base for a tuning project thanks to all of the aftermarket tuning suppliers.